I’m back in DC from a perfect week spent in Switzerland and Italy! You’re sort of up to speed if you follow along on Instagram…I’ll be doing full recaps (and sharing a ton of photos) in the coming days, but wanted to pop in with a few links today. Thanks for putting up with the sparse posting…we’re back to regular scheduled programming with some upcoming holiday stuff I am so excited to share!!
The next few weeks are my most favorite, and I’m ready to dive back into real life and celebrating the best time of the year. Also, is it just me or does everyone seem to be buying a tree before Thanksgiving this year? (or does that always happen?) Have a great weekend, friends!
– Don’t make these three holiday spending mistakes (completely agree with this, especially regarding store credit cards!).
– I’m likely going to make this cranberry sauce next week! The pears are a smart, yummy decision and I love how few ingredients it requires.
– It seems wrong not to acknowledge the week we had last week (there was no Friday post due to last minute travel things), and it’s safe to say that no matter your own political personal views, the past few months have been exhausting. There’s no shortage of content on this subject right now, but I’d highly recommend reading Victoria’s post on privilege. I think all of us can relate in some way, and agree that conversations and “staying curious” are key at times like this.
– A fascinating read on how surgeons stay alert when they operate.
– Talk about #apartmentgoals! A peek inside Tuckernuck founder September’s DC apartment. Love and plan to utilize her tip of “repetition” when creating a cohesive space.
– Do you use flight trackers? If not, it may be time to start! I haven’t tried them, but know they can be immensely helpful. Except that you may want to impulsively plan a trip after catching a good deal that you “accidentally” started tracking…
CATCH UP WITH C&L:
– Classic fall style–navy + camel is the dream!
– Snapshots from my weekend in St. Louis…anyone else love touring college campuses?
– Gift guides are here! First up: hostess gifts.
– Team snail mail? Time to order those holiday cards! Where to buy them.
Photo via my Instagram