SHOPPING FOR: I mentioned picking up this coat a couple of weeks ago, but found this one for $100 less. It was a better fit for my upper body (I have broader shoulders and really structured things can look a little…linebacker-ey…on me) and with Nordstrom’s customer service + return policy, it was a no brainer.
NOMMING ON: Guess who finally got a crockpot! I made these chicken taco bowls on Sunday and they were the perfect first slow cooker meal. Let’s just say I have tons of leftovers and know what my go-to potluck recipe will be…do any of you have go-to crockpot recipes?
THIS WEEKEND: So many fall things this weekend, including apple picking tomorrow, officially celebrating the opening of one of my favorite stores to visit, and wine tasting with some blogger friends on Sunday. A jam packed weekend but ya know, living a little!
– The Tory Burch Private Sale is on (it’s where I picked up this bag last year) and things are going fast! Great deals on tons of stuff…I love this swimsuit, this perfect everyday wallet for under $100, this go-with-everything clutch, and everyone’s favorite Tory shoe.
– Annie’s culinary tour of Charleston has me itching, yet again, to make a trip down to the southern city.
– For all of us who complain about how expensive bras are…
– Confession: I love CVS coupons and deals. Given that most of my drug store shopping happens there (rather than say, a Target), I spend a decent amount of time making sure I’m not getting ripped off because it is so easy to do! They make you want to buy everything, yet almost everything is more expensive than it would be anywhere else. How hilarious is this girl’s birthday party? I just can’t!
– A great article on Classpass founder Payal Kadakia and how she’s building this incredible fitness empire. Classpass came to DC last fall and after trying it for a month, it didn’t work for my budget and schedule at the time. Hoping to make that change in the future but for now, I’m enjoying watch this company grow!
ICYMI: A can’t-miss brand for more affordable Italian footwear, my favorite year-round top (and an accidental blogging blunder), the Netflix series I can’t get enough of, and what’s currently on my bookshelf.
Image via with text added by Monica Dutia for Cake & Lilies