Happy Friday, friends! Hope you guys had a good week :) My parents are in town and we’re spending some time eating at a couple of my favorite restaurants, perusing the Georgetown French Market (go! it’s amazing!), and catching up. I don’t get to see them often so it’s always a nice treat when they’re here, even if it is for a short time. Other than that, potlucking, brunching, and savoring these pre-humid days. Whatever you’re doing, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
– I meant to share this last week, but I’m head over heels in love with Lindsay’s wedding. It was even in Martha Stewart Weddings! I’m not at the point in my life where many friends are getting married, but I’ve browsed my fair share of Style Me Pretty and yet am completely blown away. Lindsay’s blog has been a read of mine for awhile, so it was fun to see a little “behind the scenes” of her beautiful nuptials!
– Are you an emoji user? As much as I sometimes hate myself for it, I just can’t stay away. They’re fun, quick, and lighthearted… though the new update is *insert girl with arms in “x” formation here. There are still no tacos. Apparently Americans lead the way in cake and meat emoji usage, while the French are all about the hearts. Shocking.
– Sweet & Spark made an appearance in yesterday’s post, but Jillian’s profile on Design*Sponge is really worth a read. It’s lengthy, but really inspiring and motivating for aspiring small business owners and shoppers alike. I’ve had the opportunity to correspond with Jillian on and off over the past year, and she’s just as lovely as she she is business savvy. Congrats on everything you’ve accomplished, Jillian! Can’t wait to see what’s next :)
– Anyone else bummed about this Kraft mac & cheese news? It won’t be the same orange color anymore! A controversial food blogger who has been getting some pretty negative press lately is apparently responsible for this… time to stock up on the good stuff, because bye bye integral part of our childhoods :(
– Last but certainly not least, my Lilly for Target order came in last night (!!). I’m just keeping this dress but ordered it in two sizes to try, and this top ended up being too bright/flowy for my taste. I’m selling each at what I paid ($38 for the dress, size 2, and $22 for the shirt, size small). Both fit true to size, though the top runs a little small on top but looser on the bottom. I just ask that you pay $6 for shipping. Shoot me an email if you’re interested –if you can PayPal me, I’ll ship it out on Monday!
– I’m hosting an exciting giveaway with The Cheeky Puppy this week! Enter to win a limited edition Presidential Pets print… it’s a beauty and is so “DC.” There’s also a 10% discount code to use in store and online. The perfect place to get some Mother’s Day shopping done :)
– Discussing work/life balance with a bunch of other bloggers… do you have a recipe for doing it “right”? Do you think such a thing exists?
Image via with text added by Monica Dutia for Cake & Lilies