Happy Friday! I don’t have a ton for you today, as I had a busy/kind of draining week personally (I hate that I can’t share more now…being this vague is the worst, I know)–BUT Kristyn hosted her third annual Favorite Things party (pictured above), which is pretty much the best Monday of the year. It was basically a bunch of close blogger friends catching up over food, wine, a white elephant gift exchange, and some pretty great gift bags that K put together. Love these types of gatherings this time of year!
I’m seeing Jackie with Katie tonight, getting my hair cut tomorrow, and doing a little gift exchange with a couple friends on Sunday. Pretty plan-free, which is okay since I definitely need to slow down a bit right now. Posts below explain! Anyway, hope you have a great, festive weekend , too! :)
– Something to whip up this weekend: easy (and photogenic) Christmas cookie bars.
– Referencing the need to ‘slow down,’ Mackenzie’s post on lost luggage + perspective this week really resonated with me. I haven’t been feeling it to the extent she seems to be, but thoughtful essays like this are a reminder that we a) all need to take a minute b) are doing the best we can and c) need to slow down and embrace the moment.
– Sort of similarly, Victoria’s post on focus has me well…trying to remember the importance of “focus,” honestly. It’s crazy to already start thinking about setting the tone for next year, but it’s less than a month away so…eek. If you aren’t there yet, it’s a reminder we all need to put down our phones, close out (or delete) those apps, and live in the present.
– I love chia seed pudding and figs, so this recipe from Lauren is definitely getting added to the breakfast rotation.
– Essential for this time of year: how to properly open a bottle of champagne. Twisting the bottle was relatively new news to me!
– The dreamiest winter wedding photos (but based on the couple, it’s not surprising!).
– On a light note, if you haven’t seen The Hater’s Guide to the William Sonoma Catalog, you’ve got to read it. It’s hysterical…literally LOL-ing.
THIS WEEK ON C&L:
– Recapping the cookie decorating party I co-hosted this past weekend (and some tips on hosting your own!).
– Flannel is the best this time of year…styling my favorite one for work.
Gift guides (another one coming tomorrow!):