So this is it, guys. The last weekend in August. How weird is that? The past week has felt like a blur…the new site launched on Friday, I was running around trying to make small changes all weekend (but did get to finally visit what is now one of my favorite restaurants in DC), and found out on Monday that I’ll be starting a new job in a couple of weeks. A whirlwind for sure, in a good way. This long weekend will be spent with friends who are visiting from out of town and I can’t wait for our little reunion. So many people are traveling for the long weekend that it feels kind of nice to just stay put.
Any plans to soak up the “last weekend” of the summer? Sounds like a lot of people have beachside + outdoorsy plans! Whatever you’re doing, I hope it’s a great one! Stay tuned for a roundup of some Labor Day sales tomorrow AM and a post with my picks on Monday :)
- Potentially upsetting news about one of my favorite foods.
- A real Central Perk? This news alone makes me want to plan a trip to NYC…
- Immaculte coif at risk/things I didn’t expect to see: Anna Wintour doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- What happens when a 4-year old reviews one of the highest rated restaurants in America. It’s amazing!
- In the spirit of September issues: fascinating Vogue facts + figures.
- Victoria posted about this awesome perfume line that has me smitten with their intriguing scents + delicious packaging. Pricey? Maybe. But start with the fitting kit for $9 and try them out on your own time!